Wednesday, April 23, 2014

10-19: Books about Books

Turns out 10-19 is all booklists. Uh-oh! "750 Books for Middle Readers," that sort of thing. Not at all something I can curl up with. But I did find these two:
  and
 They both look more like collections of short essays than lists, and they both have the additional virtue of including many books I have already read. Obviously, with my current project, unless there is a list of "Best Non-Fiction by Dewey Decimal Number," which I'm sure there is but not at my library, the last thing I need is more reading ideas! But it's always interesting to see what someone else is saying about books I have loved (Kristen Lavransdatter, filed under Strong Women in Book Smart), hated ("Holden Caufield, That Little Brat," filed under "Violence and Loss" in Practical Classics) or successfully avoided so far ("The Scarlet Letter: I Don't Like It Either," filed under "Love and Pain," also in Practical Classics). I'm looking forward to reading about this great literature, if not actually reading it!

No comments:

Post a Comment